We are a member of the Presbyterian Church, U.S.A. (PCUSA). The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), with denominational offices in Louisville, Kentucky, has approximately 2.3 million members, more than 10,000 congregations and 14,000 ordained and active ministers.
Presbyterians trace their history to the 16th century and the Protestant Reformation. Our heritage, and much of what we believe, began with John Calvin (1509-1564), whose writings crystallized much of the Reformed thinking that came before him.
First known as “The Meeting House” and also used as a school house, the Presbyterian Church of Littleton, North Carolina, was founded in the year of our Lord 1875 with Rev. John R. Primrose as its first pastor. This being the only church in Littleton at that time, it served as a union church and was used by all denominations, both white and black.
The church property was given and deeded by Lucy Douglas Little, granddaughter of Col. William F. Little, founder of Littleton and owner of Mosby Hall. Trustees of the Church were Dr. Robert Atkins Patterson, Major N.E. Jenkins, Arthur Turhane, Dr. Willis Alston and Marion Newsom. A copy of the deed was sent to the Historical Foundation in 1942.
We are currently yoked with another Presbyterian Church, Stanley White, in Roanoke Rapids (601 Ashton St.). We hold joint fellowship dinners and Bible studies as well as alternate worship services on a 5th Sunday in a month. Our Pastor shepherds both churches.
We participate in several area outreach ministries including: